Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My Hair Inspiration

what's my motivation for locks u may ask...well, it stems from this woman right chea!










Beautiful Isn't She! She has now cut her locks but nevertheless...Still beautiful. Goapele is the type of woman who could cut herself to the skin bald and still be beautiful. She is beauty. Inside and out. And so gifted too. If y'all haven't heard her music. U had better check it out. An better yet she's from THE BAY too...! She makes me proud! ok enuf of my rant on Goap....lol I got lost for a minute. But, as I was sayin she is my inspiration for locks..when I saw her debut video Closer in 2001, I knew that I had to have them (locks) but it's taken me quite awhile to come to it..

But more and more I kept seeing people with these tiny lil locks and I thought to myself....yeah, thats fly. I knew it was so much more than a hairstlye though so I had to do my homework. I wanted to be well informed and leave no stone un-turned so to speak. So on the internet I went and read and researched everything I could get my hands on. And discovered...Sisterlocks! The teeny tiny lil locks I had been admiring on women for years..

I gotta say thank you Dr Cornwell for creating the sisterlock technique!
Dr Cornwell lookin lovely!!

I mean sista, You came up with the formula! And I am so grateful you did! I have been devouring Dr. Cornwell's book. That Hair Thing and the Sisterlocks Approach (Second Edition) And I tell you, the book goes DEEP..It is a great read! It's about so much more than hair. So, that's my story..I am ready to start my journey and be in the great sisterlocks family. It's gonna be great. 
Excellent book!



Oh...cant forget about the brothas....its not just for sistas..but brothas too...

                                                                               and children too
how precious are they?!!

well, I hope that everyone reading this, is having a beautiful day. Thanks for taking time to peek in on my lil corner of the world. Be Blessed everyone
FiZz

No comments: