Friday, October 1, 2010

Good Hair...?

So, I was working the other day.and this young lady remarked to me. You got some good hair..I paused gave her a half hearted smile..and said thank you. I didn't want to come off as ungrateful for the compliment but the question that stuck out was...good hair opposed to what...? Bad hair...? This is something that reaches deep into our community..It made me wonder if other racial groups do the same thing..I mean I wanted to tell her your hair is beautiful too..The young lady was wearing a weave..Which I am not knocking by any means...I've worn them too..I guess I'm becoming more aware of things now that I'm starting my sl's journey soon. I think people's choice of hairstyle is their business but I do know for me, I am looking forward to my journey and will help to pass the love along about sisterlocks when asked..I'm moving forward and not looking back.






I know I will do my part in embracing my sistas..all this negative imagery out there..is tired..The media they play a huge part in what people find desirable or not. But hopefully folks don't buy into it...I know I did...probably still do on some levels..but, I'm changing..smile















Chrisette Michelle! She's cute as all outdoors with very little hair! What a beauty!

We are beautiful! I'm not gonna believe the media hype anymore..




I've stopped for about 2 months now flat ironing my naturally curly hair...in an effort to make it straight..and i've noticed a big improvement since I've pulled the plug..lol





Well, goodnight all..
Blessings
FiZz

2 comments:

Evie said...

Love your blog!!!

fizz said...

thank you Evie!! I'm so glad :) I wanted to make it bright and cheery and inviting!