Wednesday, October 20, 2010

My Beauty Regimen

Well, Hi Everyone!

I discovered something new and just wanted to share. Cost Plus soaps are nice. I am trying to adopt a more natural approach to my beauty regimen these days. And since my sl's will be born in just 6 days (I'm oh so excited) It just made sense that I become natural in other areas in my life. So, I have been  using a luxurious shea butter soap, I picked up from Cost Plus. I really have been enjoying it. It smells wonderful. I also bought the olive oil soap (which I haven't gotten to yet) It's such a big bar of soap and is going to last me quite awhile. I even used it on my hair the last time i shampooed and it lathered up real nicely and left my hair soft and fragrant.. I'd recommend this soap for anyone open to trying something all natural. I use it on my face daily (body too) and it keeps me soft. Here's the soap(s) that I use along with the link to Cost Plus World Market.

World Market Bar Soap - Cost Plus World Market
All natural vegetable soap
WorldMarket

Afterward, I use either olive oil, almond oil or coconut oil to moisturize my skin. The latter being divine! I got this coconut oil y'all from anandaapothecary and the link goes right to the oils page. The coconut oil I thought was one of the more expensive oils $8.50 for 4oz. But I am tellin y'all it is worth every penny. It is organic, virgin, cold pressed coconut oil. So light, it just glides on makes the skin feel delicious and smell heavenly! So without a doubt I will continue using this excellent product! It can be used everywhere..all over the body, hair too...in fact according to the website it's thought to stimulate hair growth. Now is that not a plus ladies & gents?


Ok, so let's talk hair removal for a minute. Let me backtrack..So last year tax time I was able to invest in a hair removal wax system, called Satin Smooth. Mind you, I was new to the idea of waxing but I knew that sometimes I'm just not trying to do Nair and Neet consistently so I got this wax warmer and, while it took some getting used to pulling the hair out by the root...I absolutely love the results. I will show you all what I bought and what I use to get rid of those unwanted hairs. It was an investment but well worth it because I will have my warmer for many years to come.

Product view
Satin Smooth Professional Waxing Kit
And they mean it when they say Satin Smooth. You may have to go over the area a few times if you have stubborn hairs like I do. But I tell you, when I apply that warm wax and I remove it and see all those pesky hairs in the wax...ahh satisfaction! I just cannot stand lip and chin hairs and before I got my wax warmer on many a day I'd sit around with the tweezers and tweeze endlessly. I said there's got to be a better way...?!? And there is! You can get this warmer many places on the web but here is one place. Folica has the warmer. I have a double warmer but they have single ones too. I have the exact same kit as the picture. Excellent products. But would recommend a different type of wax than the one they provide in the kit. They provide you with cloths to remove the hair. Smooth the wax on, lay the cloth over it, hold your skin taunt, and pull quickly to remove the hair. But to me that is an unnecessary step. That's where hard wax comes in. All you do is place the wax where you want to remove to hair, wait until the wax hardens and remove it, eliminating the need for wax strips. Here's what I use.

Smells great :)

Thank you all for reading, that's beauty 101...and don't forget to exfoliate! Ha ha ha..Have a great day Bloggies!

No comments: